Monday, June 27, 2011

Welcome to THE FUTURE IS NOT BROKEN! The place to voice your solution opinions.

Good Morning.

   Well,  It's winter here alright.  45 degrees in the day, and 5 below at night.  What I could walk through yesterday afternoon, I can now Ice Skate on.  The good thing about that is, in about a Month, It's all going to be a memory. That's in the Future though. For now, I guess I have to live with it. I know It will improve, so It's cool.
   Anyway, speaking of the future, As in our future, it works the same way as how I just described.   I don't have to tell anybody here that we are going through some really difficult things.  For one reason or another, a while back, a lot of things started to happen, that affected our lives, and not in a good way either.

   All of a sudden, in what seemed the twinkling of an eye, we found ourselves struggling just to stay alive.
The last 5 years for me, have been a roller coaster, I don't know about you guys, but it has been quite an experience. Not all of it good either. Some of it actually, really not good.  That's just me, I know I'm not alone here. I'm just saying, I'm in the same boat you know? I'm not complaining, I'm just trying to make a point about something on my mind

   My point is this.  I can look back on that 5 years, and say to myself, "well I really made some mistakes didn't I?"  Or I could say,  "oh man, What am I gonna do now? Look at this mess! I don't know where to start anymore".    Well I could say that, and I have said that. You know something though?  I could do that for a decade, and it would not change a thing.  In fact it would make it worse.  It always does. So I thought, "well what are you going to do, Go back and change it?  I cannot.   We cannot change anything about the past. So worrying about it, is useless. We can blame the banks, we can blame the Govt. We can blame everybody else, or blame ourselves, On and on.   The past is broken. We can't fix it. That is just the way it is. There is something however, that we can look to for an answer.
   That is, The future. And the FUTURE is not BROKEN!  The future is something we can do something about.

   Try and look at it this way.   We live in America.  It was started in 1776.  It's now 2011.  Now America, we can  look at as if it were a person's life.. In this case It's a Country's life OK?
A person is born, is a child, then a teenager, than an adult.    America was born. America was a child, then a teenager, NOW it's an adult.
   We have gone through our birth. The revolutionary war.  Tough fight. America won It's Freedom.  Then came some growing. Expanding. Inventing. Exploring. Growing Like A child would.   Then came the "tween" years, like when your 10 or 12. Not a child not an adult. Puberty.  Conflicting feelings.   The CIVIL War for America. Now Those were some bad days.  However, it did end.
   So NOW, the child begins to grow.  And Grow America did!  The evidence speaks for itself on that.
All is well   Until, TEENAGE years.  Oh man, the teenage years.    The ROARING 20s!  Parties, Money,  New cars, Great jobs, the whole thing.
   Then comes what I have always called,   "The Sledge Hammer Effect".  You know, that time when reality finally comes along  and  BAM...Right in the face.  The wake up call Most of us have at one point in our lives or another.  NEVER fun..     That for America, would be the GREAT DEPRESSION.  I don't have to go in to details about that either, You know what I mean.  Very bad times indeed.   In a person's  life, that would mean, Time to roll up the sleeves, because your on your own!   Most of us do just that. And...we learn, and grow.  In America, That  was I would think,  the growth after the 30s. Then the 40s, Then Another Victory, Then Prosperity.  Following me?   OK.

   So now, we see America as a child, a "tween",  a Teenager, and a young Adult.   There is another phase I have not mentioned, Mid  Life  Crisis.   For a person, It means change, not necessarily Good Change.  Usually some Kind of panic change or whatever. There is a little waste there, both time and money. I know I have been there.
   Well,  That's where We are now in America.  Mid Life Crisis.   We cannot go back, we can just look back. It doesn't help. Except to learn.  So we make some mistakes, we all do, and have.   So the question now, would be I guess, now  what?

   As I said, It's the future.  It's not Broken.  There is nothing there yet.  It's all up to us!    You and me.  All of us.   We are All to blame in one way or another for this mess. I know I did my part. OK,   Now what can we do?    The first thing would be to stop the blaming, and finger pointing.  Myself included. Finding things or people to blame, is not going to make our problems go away. It is a waste of time, And we spend way too much time doing it. It doesn't take a lot of wisdom to be blaming, however it does take some to find solutions. Blaming is easy. Finding an answer is not.

  You can turn on your TV any time of the day, and you will see all the blaming you could want. What we need I guess, is a place to find answers. Or for people to have some ideas, and share them with other people. If you are hearing or reading this, please, by all means, post a comment. Maybe we could begin to reason some of this out together. I would love to hear from you.

    We should try Looking at the situation rationally and logically.  Put  down the fear and anger, concentrate on the problems, and Stand TOGETHER, and take one step at a time, TOGETHER, as one.  One Nation.  Not just say that, but actually do it!  We cannot wait for somebody else to fix this. We have to fix this. All of us.   That would be a good start in my opinion anyway.   We have a lot of problems, and a lot of differences I know.  It's not as simple as I make it out to be.  But it is  a good place to start, don't you think? Just like in Kindergarten. We have to cross the street, We better hold hands.

    It's been a cold winter, but Spring is coming.  It is as sure as I am writing this.     Spring is coming for America too.  It all depends on what we do with it.    You know what?  We CAN do it.  We CAN get over this and we will.  YOU can, and will get past this.  Wait.  It will happen. One step at a time. We have to cross a busy street here, But we can do it.   I didn't write this to make anyone think I have some kind of solution to all this, It was just my opinion.  I do have some thoughts on the subject though, but that's for another day. For now,  Please feel free to share some thoughts!
Peace G

No comments: